Saturday, September 12, 2020

Silence is Therapeutic

  

                                 

                                     Silence is therapeutic.




There is incomparable beauty to be found in a tranquil place. Silence is therapeutic because it allows me to listen to my own internal voice and be true to myself.


When I focus on living according to my own ideas, I build my inner strength and confidence. There are many external influences, so I am careful to give my own voice ongoing attention. It is important for me to stick to my internal value system.


Spending time in solitude encourages me to accept myself as I am. It allows me to ponder what I stand for and recommit to it regularly.


I smile with contentment when I reaffirm the things that I believe in. I am strengthened in my conviction and am able to stand up for what sits well with my soul.


It is difficult to hear myself amidst the noise, so I retreat whenever I am in search of answers.


Silence also contributes to a relaxed body and mind. I am able to confidently work through challenges when I am at ease.


My quiet time rejuvenates me. A fresh mind makes room for fresh ideas and endless possibilities. I build meditation into each day in the same way I make time for food and exercise. 


Today, the silence around me is relaxing because I rely on it to renew my mind. Pulling away from the noise of the world around me is an important part of my well-being. It gives me the perspective to approach life with clarity.


Self-Reflection Questions:


1. How do I build silence into my normal daily activities?

2. When is noise influential?

3. What other forms of therapy do I regularly expose myself to?


No comments:

Post a Comment