Thursday, August 16, 2018

And the Search Goes On.

Simple and Sage 

And the Search Goes On.


I Woke up this morning fully intending to do something special for myself, but after I got up I stood in the middle of the living room and thought, I really just need to clean. I need to clean then, I guess. I know what will make me happy right now, and that is for my living space to reflect peace and happiness. For that to happen I need to make some changes. First, though I feel like I need to make some personal decisions about my future.

I am a dual major in Human Services and Criminal Justice. These are things I felt very strongly about just a year ago, but in this second half of my life, I find myself unhappy with these choices. Don't get me wrong I love helping people and the problems I wanted to help fix a year ago still exist today. Poverty, drug use, and misdirection. I just feel now that these things are better left behind professionally so that I can focus more on me. It is not that I don't want to help anymore. I still feel strongly about these things, but I deal with many of these issues in my personal life and I would love to take my professional life in a more positive and peaceful direction. I am looking for a new focus in my formal education for next semester. I do still intend to do everything I can to help in this field, but I will do so in the form of volunteering. Guiding people toward a better life is my life's mission and I will never give that up. 

The worst feeling I have right now is that I have jumped into this without a solid plan. I don't have a step by step agenda set, nor do I know where to begin. My life has become just a mess of a whole lot of things that I used to want, but that no longer serve me personally or professionally. I need to become more organized. I need to take steps that lead toward my goals, but I have so many goals to change that it is hard to know where to begin. My formal education has been so important to me in the past and it still is. I wish to keep updating myself in the helping fields that I have been working in, but now I feel that I may work on those on a part-time schedule, and take on a new full-time direction in my education.

What are my new passions? I would love to travel and experience new things. This is a little out of my comfort zone, but since turning 50 I feel like I need to experience new things. I have always planned to write. Can I be the next Stephen King, Kert Vonnegut, Isaac Asimov, or  J.K. Rowling? Maybe not, but who knows. I do know though that I want to be more in this second half of my life then I have ever been before.    

And so today I will make plans. I will prepare lists of the steps I need to take to lead me down the path of learning to be who I am now. If any of my readers feel like they need to make some changes in their lives please let us know about them in the comments section. Let's support each other in our goals so that we may be who we have always wanted to be. We all had goals in our younger years. Some of us may have achieved some of these goals, but for those of us who didn't let's help each other push forward with positive encouragement. 

* Go forth toward your future not meekly, but with a vengeance.    


No comments:

Post a Comment