Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Finding myself again and Loving Life at 50+

Simple and Sage 

Finding myself again and 

Loving Life at 50+ 


Last Month was my 50th birthday and suddenly I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, " You are still young enough to enjoy life, but in this the second half of your life you should expect better things, more peace and new ways to reinvent yourself as the person you are now. In short, I feel like I need to reinvent myself in order to transition from the first half of my life into the second. The things I accepted are no longer acceptable. What made me happy when I was younger is no longer making me happy. I need to find out who I am now, and in order to do that I need to find out what will make me happy now. 

Today started the first day of my second vacation this year. I took my first vacation last month. I spent a few great days with my daughters who are both in their 20's and have energy coming out of their fingertips. We went to Ashville, NC. I have been wanting to go there for years, but never made it. In my head, I visioned a small quaint town waiting for me to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee in the local small town coffee shop. I was surprised when I got there to find that it was very touristy. I had a great time with my girls we stayed in a mini winnebago it was very comfortable and quiet. The key word there is quiet. As I get older I find that I don't tolerate noise as well as I once had. It was sitting there in that winni that the thought for this blog popped into my head. When I was younger I would have fallen in love with Asheville, and It was a great place to spend with my daughters. Lazy river tubing was just the quality time I needed with the both of them. I got to spend several hours floating in tubes with them. We were tied together and they couldn't get away from me. We talked, laughed and had just the quality time we needed together. My oldest lives in New York and i'm lucky if I get to see her for an entire day once a year. It was a great vacation, but it got me thinking about what I really want now. 

This blog will be dedicated to finding myself again and helping others create their new lives at 50+ Please enjoy the journey with me as you find what makes you happy at 50. 

No comments:

Post a Comment